BIPV is based on Solarface technology, which consists of the use of transparent composite material to manufacture structural photovoltaic modules with excellent mechanical properties.
The requirements for the integration of photovoltaic modules in buildings or vehicles are very demanding and difficult to meet using today's existing technologies.
In the first case, high-efficiency, flexible design, and low-cost modules are required. Within the transport sector, lightweight parts are required, with high structural strength and at a competitive cost.
Solarface photovoltaic modules developed by TECNALIA respond to these requirements.
- BIPV: 15 Mm2 estimated, €2.25B
- Application in urban infrastructures, electronic devices, aerospace…
- Mobility, expanding market: photovoltaic sunroof and elements for cars, bikes, buses, UAVs, boats, and trains
- TRL 7 in BIPV and mobility applications
- TRL 4-5 in advanced composite manufacturing processes for large, low-cost series (developed for the automotive industry)
- Technology protected by the patent families derived from WO2016038000 and trade secret