NOISEEK is a noise detection technology in PLC communications of the electrical grid with the following characteristics:
- Identifies the source of the perturbation in a simple and quick way
- It does not cause nuisance for the users (without outages)
- Smartable for expert users
PLC communications of Smart Meters through the electrical grid can fail due to excessive noise in the grid caused by local consumers.
Identifying these local noise sources is an effort and an unexpected cost for electrical service companies and causes nuisance for their customers (power outage).
- Market of electrical companies using PLC technologies (3,500 €/device):
- Europe (2016-2017): 500-1000 devices
- Middle East (2016-2017): 50-100 devices
- TRL 8
- Technology protected by the patent families derived from EP3244222
- Validation tests
- Channel, through direct contact with electricity companies in technological alliances and associations