HELP WITH SURFING:





PAGE MAIN CONTENTS

Tecnalia. Inspiring Business

Tecnalia. Inspiring Business

Javier Ormazabal renewed his charge as Chairman of TECNALIA Research & Innovation

2012.06.25

The head of the first private Applied Research Centre of the country wanted to remember "the importance of R&D investments as the only way out of the current complicated situation and as an essential measure to place our companies at the forefront of the different industries."

The Board of Trustees elected today has the challenge of developing the first TECNALIA 2012-2014 Strategic Plan, which is based on five pillars: economical and financial sustainability, international relevance, research excellence, economical and social impact and committed people, within a context of financial challenges.

 

At the meeting held today, 25 June 2012, the Board of Trustees of Fundación TECNALIA Research & Innovation has appointed Javier Ormazabal (Ormazabal Corporate Technology AIE) as the Chairman of the Board for another four-year term. As Vice-chairmen, they appointed Asís Canales (Iberdrola S.A.) and Ignacio Saénz de Gorbea (Federación Española de Asociaciones de Fundidores), who were also re-elected for the position. The new appointed Secretary is Fernando Irigoyen (Kutxabank S.A.) who took over the position formerly held by Félix Iraola.

The first Board of Trustees, also presided by Javier Ormazabal, had the challenge of successfully consolidating the operational model of the new institution created after the merger of the former 8 research organisations.

The Board of Trustees elected today has the challenge of developing the first TECNALIA 2012-2014 Strategic Plan, which is based on five pillars: economical and financial sustainability, international relevance, research excellence, economical and social impact and committed people, within a context of financial challenges.

TECNALIA in 2011 and 2012

Today, 25 June, the General Meeting for Collaborating Partners of Fundación TECNALIA Research & Innovation was also held, where the 2011 report was presented.

In its first year, TECNALIA Research & Innovation has become a consolidated European benchmark as a private applied research centre, in a complicated year due to the financial situation on both the local and international levels.

The turnover of TECNALIA in 2011 rose to 116 million Euros. Of this amount, 64 million (56%), correspond to income from both the domestic and international markets p  pand the rest (44%), are related to research projects that are partially funded by the public administrations. We must highlight the generation of a cash-flow of 9.1 million Euros, that guarantees TECNALIA's economic sustainability and its possibility of maintaining its future commitments.

Within this context, TECNALIA has made investments amounting to 17 million Euros, enabling it to increase the quality of its strategic research projects, provide greater added value in the services offered to clients, totalling more than 4,000, and to improve its infrastructures and equipment for the benefit of society.

On the global arena, almost 10% of the contracts from TECNALIA's markets are now international.

The 2011 report also highlights that TECNALIA is one of the first 14 European research organisations (including Universities, public research centres and private applied research centres like TECNALIA) through its participation in the EU 7th FP where it has been granted a total of 229 projects during the 2008-2011 period, of which TECNALIA has led 51. Throughout these four years, its financial return has amounted to 86 million Euros, making it the first private institution in Spain, in participation, returns, and led projects.

In 2012, TECNALIA expects to develop over 400 R&D projects alongside 250 companies in Spain, Europe and the rest of the world.

 


WEB HEADER

Tecnalia - Inspiring Business

SEARCH ENGINE



PAGE FOOTER

© 2019 Tecnalia. All rights reserved.

Parque Científico y Tecnológico de Bizkaia. Astondo Bidea, Edificio 700. E-48160 Derio. Bizkaia (Spain). Tel.: 902.760.000 - International Calls: (+34) 946.430.850


HELP WITH SURFING: