1. Who is the Data Controller of my data?
The Data Controller responsible for processing your data is FUNDACIÓN TECNALIA RESEARCH & INNOVATION, an entity with registered address in Donostia-San Sebastián (Gipuzkoa), Technology Park of Gipuzkoa, Mikeletegi Pasealekua, 2, registered in the Register of Foundations of the Basque Country under registration number F-69 and holding N.I.F. G-48975767.
For any matter relating to the protection of personal data you may contact us at the following address email@example.com.
2. How have you obtained my data?
The data we process at TECNALIA have been provided by you, through (i) the various forms you fill out during navigation through the WEBSITE and/or through other channels (e.g. registration as a user of the WEBSITE –where any – contact forms, request for quote forms, etc.); (ii) by sending a reference email; or (iii) by other appropriately identified acquisition systems, such as the registration of visits to our sites and the video surveillance system implemented at our facilities.
In addition, we inform you of the possible processing of your social media data through the corporate profiles that TECNALIA keeps available on each social network in which it is present, all following the terms and conditions established in each social network.
When indicated (fields marked with a ‘*’), the provision of the required personal data will be mandatory and your refusal to provide them or the provision of incorrect data will result in the inability to fulfil your request and/or the provide the required services.
3. What kind of data do you process?
The data that we process at TECNALIA are those that you have provided us during your navigation through the WEBSITE, through the appropriate forms that we use to formalise our contact with you and/or via email, as well as those others that, if applicable, we get through TECNALIA’s corporate profiles on the social networks where we are present.
In particular, TECNALIA processes the following categories of data:
- Identification and contact details (e.g. first name, last name, ID, postal and electronic address, telephone, etc.).
- Professional data/employment details (e.g. company and job title).
- Images captured in the activities and events organised by TECNALIA in which you participate.
- Identification codes and keys as a registered user of the WEBSITE.
- Internet browsing data (e.g. IP address, visits to websites, connections to WiFi networks, etc.).
- Personal details, training, employment, etc. (in the case of applications/job offers and/or selection processes of TECNALIA in which you participate voluntarily).
4. What is the purpose and basis for processing my data?
The processing of your personal data is intended for the following purposes:
- Managing and processing your registration as a WEBSITE user, when possible.
- Managing your access and use of the content and services that TECNALIA makes available through the WEBSITE, including blog services, social networks or any other features that are currently accessible from the WEBSITE.
- Obtaining statistical data on the access, download and use of the content and services made available through the WEBSITE.
- Processing and managing the contracting and, where appropriate, subsequent invoicing of products or services that you formalise with TECNALIA through the WEBSITE, including the offer of activities and face-to-face and/or online training, and in general, maintaining, manage and contract the contractual relationship you establish with us as a consumer of our products or services.
- Processing and managing the request for information, suggestions, and complaints you make through the WEBSITE or email, including any queries you make regarding privacy and/or the exercise of your data protection rights.
- Sending you by different means, including electronic, commercial and advertising communications from TECNALIA and other companies of the business group in which TECNALIA is integrated, with respect to products, services, offers, promotions and any other relevant information concerning such entities, provided that you have consented to it or they are regarding products or services similar to those previously contracted with our entity.
- Managing your subscription to our ‘newsletter’ service and the sending of the corresponding electronic communications, provided you have consented to it.
- In cases where you have consented, managing and disseminating activities and events organised by TECNALIA.
- Managing your application for employment or your enrolment in a job offer and your participation in the selection process.
- Ensuring the safety of our facilities by registering visits.
- Ensuring the safety and integrity of people and goods by capturing images through the surveillance system implemented in the accesses and inside our facilities.
In no case shall the data collected be used for profiling or automated decision-making.
The processing of your personal data by TECNALIA, in accordance with the applicable regulations, is based, as the case may be, (i) on your consent, granted at the time of collection of your personal data that you voluntarily provide us through the mechanisms enabled to this effect on the WEBSITE; (ii) on the relationship established with us in the assumptions of contracting our products and services; or (iii) on the legitimate interest of TECNALIA, as regards to the registration of visits to our facilities, the surveillance system implemented in our facilities and other processing that may be understood to be legitimate.
We remind you that, at any time, in cases where processing is based on your consent, you may revoke it freely and free of charge, as indicated in section 7 below.
5. To whom do you transfer my data?
We would like to inform you that your personal data may be transferred to the following third parties:
- Agencies, Authorities and Public Administrations to which, if appropriate, TECNALIA has a legal obligation to communicate your data.
- Entities of the business group in which TECNALIA (TECNALIA Ventures, a 100% TECNALIA company) is integrated, with the purpose of attending to your requests and inquiries and/or forwarding to them commercial communications concerning those entities and their respective activities or products.
Furthermore, we inform you that your personal data may be communicated to third parties that provide services to TECNALIA, as Processors, some of whom have data processing centres located outside the European Economic Area, your data may therefore be subject to international data transfer, subject to applicable legal guarantees. In particular, TECNALIA uses third-party technology services located in the USA to manage the delivery of electronic business communications and to develop online events. The corresponding international data transfers are covered in the use of standard contractual clauses for the transfer of personal data to Processors in charge of the processing established in third countries approved by the European Commission.
Any other international data transfers are not planned.
6. How long will you keep my data?
In general, personal data will be retained as long as it remains necessary for the purpose for which it was collected or until, at an earlier time, you revoke your consent or request its deletion, as well as the additional time necessary to fulfil the legal obligations that TECNALIA must observe.
In any case, we inform you that TECNALIA has established internal data cleansing policies designed to control the retention periods of the personal data in its possession, they may therefore be cancelled when they are no longer necessary and/or appropriate for the purpose for which they were collected.
In particular, the following is stated:
- Regarding the registration of visits to our facilities, the data will be kept for a maximum period of one month.
- With regard to the video surveillance system implemented in our premises, it is stated that the images taken will be subject to suppression within a maximum period of one month.
- For job application management, your data will be retained for a maximum period of 36 months.
7. What are my rights?
The applicable data protection regulations give you a number of rights relating to your personal data that you may exercise during the processing of your personal data. These rights are as follows:
- Access to your data: You have the right to access your data in order to know what personal data we are processing.
- Request rectification or erasure of your data: in certain circumstances, you have the right to rectify any inaccurate personal data concerning you that are the subject of processing by us, or even to ask us to erase them when, among other reasons, the data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected.
- Request the restriction of the processing of your data: in certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to limit the processing of your data, in which case we inform you that we will only retain them for the exercise or defence of claims as provided for in the applicable data protection regulations.
- Data portability: in certain circumstances, you have the right to receive the personal data that you have provided us, in a structured commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit it to another Data Controller.
- Object to the processing of your data: in certain circumstances and for reasons related to your particular situation, you have the right to object to processing of your data in which case, we would cease to process them unless, for legitimate compelling reasons, or the exercise or defence of possible claims, they must be retained.
You also have the right to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent prior to withdrawal.
You may exercise these rights by written request addressed to TECNALIA, at the postal address indicated in the section 1 or by sending an e-mail addressed firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finally, we want to indicate that you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority concerned (in Spain, the Spanish Data Protection Agency), especially when you have not been able to exercise your rights to your satisfaction. You can contact the Authority through its website: www.aepd.es.
8. Safety measures
TECNALIA will process your data at all times in an absolutely confidential manner and keeping the mandatory duty of secrecy in respect of them, in accordance with the provisions of the applicable regulations regarding data protection, taking the appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of your data and prevent its alteration, loss, unauthorised processing or access, taking into account the state of the technology, the nature of the data stored and the risks to which they are exposed.
9. Cookies Policy
Last Updated: 31/12/2021