Laboratory with accredited technological equipment for characterising the fire resistance performance of construction materials and systems, in compliance with the different regulations applicable in different sectors such as construction, industry, electricity and transport (railway, naval), among others.
The laboratory has the following equipment:
- Equipment for measuring reaction to fire (as per EN, UNE, UL, IMO, ISO…), with cone calorimeter, SBI, flammability equipment, radiant and side panel panel, calorimetric pump, non-combustibility furnace, roof fire propagation equipment and LOI.
- Equipment for characterising smoke toxicity and opacity with optical density and toxicity analysis (FTIR, tubular furnace).
- Large scale facility for propagating fires on façades up to 10 m high.
- 3 x 3 m vertical furnace with different heating curves.
- 4 x 3 m horizontal furnace with different heating curves (ISO, HC, RWS, external fire). Possibility of load application and assessment of smoke tightness.
- Small-scale 1 x 1 m cubic experimental furnace for prototypes.
We offer the following services:
- Large scale fire propagation on façades.
- Reaction to fire test of materials.
- Fire resistance.
- Technical studies for extending test results (EXAP).
- European technical assessments (ETAs) in the construction products regulation (CPR).
- CE Marking.
- Technical support.
- Technical suitability studies.
- Technical assessments (Technical Conformity Reports).
- “Ad hoc” tests.
- Analysis of fire and smoke patterns.
- Simulation of fire behaviour (ANSYS, Eurocodes).
- Analysis of regulation reports and on-site inspections.
- Construction companies and developers
- Manufacturers of construction products and systems (façade manufacturers, installers).
- Engineering and architectural firms.
- Suppliers in the transport sector.
- Manufacturers of electrical equipment.
Accreditations and Recognition
Laboratory certified in ISO 9001 and ISO 17025 (ENAC certification No. 4/LE063)
ENAC ILAC accreditation for the construction sector in compliance with ISO 17025, under file No. 4/LE024
ENAC ILAC accreditation for acoustics in compliance with ISO 17025, under file No. 4/LE456. Laboratory with certified management system in accordance with standard UNE-EN 9100:2010.
Notified Body No. 1292 for the Construction Products Directive
Technical Assessment Body (TAB) for issuing European Technical Assessments (ETAs) for Construction Products.