The Fire Digital Lab is a pioneering laboratory digitally connected to the client allowing them to view the tests in progress via multi-streaming without the need to travel to our facilities.
The client will be able to monitor images and test data both live and recorded via the myTecnalia digital platform.
Our fire testing laboratory has the following equipment:
- Equipment for measuring reaction to fire (as per EN, UNE, UL, IMO, ISO…), with cone calorimeter, SBI, flammability equipment, radiant and side panel panel, calorimetric pump, non-combustibility furnace, roof fire propagation equipment and LOI.
- Equipment for characterising smoke toxicity and opacity with optical density and toxicity analysis (FTIR, tubular furnace).
- Large-scale test benches to study the fire spread on façades up to 10 m high (BS, NFPA, etc.)
- 3×3 m vertical furnace and 4×3 m horizontal furnace with different heating curves. Possibility of load application and smoke tightness assessment.
- Small-scale 1×1 m cubic experimental furnace for prototypes.
We offer the following services:
- Large scale fire spread tests on façades.
- Reaction to fire test of materials.
- Fire resistance.
- Technical studies for extending test results (EXAP).
- European Technical Assessments (ETA) in LRPC according to EOTA guidelines.
- CE marking and other international certifications.
- Technical support in product development.
- Technical suitability studies for innovative products.
- Technical assessments (Technical Conformity Reports).
- Small and large scale “ad hoc” fire tests for products without associated regulations.
- Simulation of fire behaviour (ANSYS, Eurocodes) and performance-based design.
- Analysis of regulation reports and on-site inspections.
- Construction companies and developers
- Manufacturers of construction products and systems (façade manufacturers, installers).
- Engineering and architectural firms.
- Suppliers in the transport sector.
- Manufacturers of electrical equipment.
Accreditations and Recognition
Laboratory certified in ISO 9001 and ISO 17025 (ENAC certification No. 4/LE063)
ENAC ILAC accreditation for the construction sector in compliance with ISO 17025, under file No. 4/LE024
ENAC ILAC accreditation for acoustics in compliance with ISO 17025, under file No. 4/LE456. Laboratory with certified management system in accordance with standard UNE-EN 9100:2010.
Notified Body No. 1292 for the Construction Products Directive
Technical Assessment Body (TAB) for issuing European Technical Assessments (ETAs) for Construction Products.