Laboratory for carrying out mechanical, static and dynamic tests, both at room temperature and at high and low temperatures (traction, fatigue, compression, hardness, impact, bending) on materials and components.
At this laboratory, we also carry out unique tests, such as fracture mechanics tests, creep tests and tests to measure residual stress.
The laboratory makes it possible to carry out tests on metallic materials, plastics, composites, adhesive joints and welded joints.
The main tests are as follows:
- Traction / compression tests at room temperature in chambers (from -70 ºC to +300 ºC) and in furnaces (<1,100 ºC).
- Brinell / Rockwell / Shore hardness tests.
- Folding and doubling tests at 3 and 4 points (-70 ºC to 300 ºC).
- Fracture mechanics (CTOD, KIC, J, GIC, GIIC) and crack growth (da/dN) tests.
- Fatigue test: axial (LCF, HCF, resonant up to 250 Hz), rotary and multi-axial bending
- Creep/stress rupture test.
- Charpy impact test (300 ºC to -196 ºC).
- Deformation monitoring using an extensometer.
- Shearing tests: in plane, out-of-plane, interlaminar and adhesive bond overlap.
- Iosipescu test.
- Mode I and Mode II interlaminar fracture test.
For components: tailor-made tests (design of tests).
The following equipment is available:
- Universal testing machines (50 N to 1000 kN).
- Rockwell, Brinell and Shore durometers.
- Impact drop towers and pendulums.
- Environmental chambers (-70 ºC to 300 ºC) and furnaces (<1100 ºC) for universal testing machines.
- Rotary bending fatigue and resonance fatigue testing equipment.
- Creep testing machines.
- Multi-axial test bench with 3 actuators (10, 50, 100 kN).
We have our own tool and test specimen machining workshop, which allows us to ensure the traceability and reliability of our results and reduce delivery times. We include the preparation of samples with adhesive bonds with the application of curing / post-curing cycles.
- Renewable energies
- Manufacturers of metal components
- Metal transformation sector
- Oil & gas sector
- Construction sector
- Manufacturers of components for the aeronautical, railway and automotive sectors
- Design and maintenance engineering firms Infrastructure
Certifications and Accreditations
Laboratory certified in ISO 9001 and ISO 17025 (ENAC certification No. 4/LE063)
AIRBUS authorised laboratory for tensile tests on aluminium, titanium, and steel specimens in accordance with EN 2002-1 (ASTM E8/ASTM B557).
Nadcap accreditation for material testing