Laboratory offering a comprehensive service in the optical characterisation of materials through tests and calculations to determine light, sun and UV transmittance, reflectance and absorption and surface emissivity.
The services offered by this laboratory are:
- Optical characterisation by UV-Vis-NIR spectroscopy.
- Tests and calculations for determining light, sun and UV transmittance, reflectance and absorption and surface emissivity.
- Evaluation by optical characterisation before and after ageing and durability tests.
- Calculation of colour coordinates.
- Brightness and colour measurements.
The tests and standards involved are:
- EN 410 Determination of luminous and solar characteristics of glazing
- ISO 9050 Determination of light transmittance, solar direct transmittance, total solar energy transmittance, ultraviolet transmittance and related glazing factors.
- ASTM E-903 Solar absorptance, reflectance and transmittance
- BS 8493 Light reflectance value (LRV) of a surface.
- EN 13363-1 Solar protection devices combined with glazing. Calculation of solar and light transmittance.
- EN 13363-2 Calculation of solar and light transmittance factor.
- EN 14500 Blinds and shutters. Thermal and acoustic comfort.
- ASTM C-1371 Determination of emittance of materials.
- ASTM E-1980 Calculation of the solar reflectance index of opaque surfaces
- EN ISO 2813 Determination of the specular gloss index at angles of 20°, 60° and 85°.
- EN ISO 11664-3:2013 Colorimetry. Part 3: CIE tristimulus values.
- Glass manufacturers.
- Concrete and mortar manufacturers.
- Translucent polymer manufacturers.
- Manufacturers of paints and waterproofing products.
- Manufacturers of ceramic, polymer and composite finishes, sandwich panels, plastic sheeting, technical textiles, blinds, shutters...
- Architects, builders, and building owners and managers.
- Manufacturers of finishes for the lifting industry.
- Component manufacturers for the aerospace, railway and automotive sectors.
Certifications and Accreditations
Laboratory certified in ISO 9001 and ISO 17025 (ENAC certification No. 4/LE063)
ENAC ILAC accreditation for the construction sector in compliance with ISO 17025, under file No. 4/LE024
ENAC ILAC accreditation for acoustics in compliance with ISO 17025, under file No. 4/LE456. Laboratory with certified management system in accordance with standard UNE-EN 9100:2010.
AIRBUS authorised Laboratory for surface treatments
European Space Agency (ESA) authorised laboratory
Nadcap accreditation for chemical processes