We are a reference laboratory in optical characterisation of glazing, surfaces and finishes.
We carry out tests and calculations to determine light, solar and ultraviolet transmittance, reflectance and absorptance and their emissivity.
Tests and Standards
- EN 410 Glass in building: Determination of luminous and solar characteristics of glazing.
- ISO 9050 Glass in building: Determination of light transmittance, solar direct transmittance, total solar energy transmittance, ultraviolet transmittance and related glazing factors
- ASTM E903 Test method for solar absorptance, reflectance and transmittance of materials using integrating spheres
- BS 8493 Light reflectance value (LRV) of a surface.
- EN 3363-1 Solar protection devices combined with glazing. Calculation of total solar energy and light transmittance. Part 1: Simplified calculation method and EN 13363-2 Calculation of total solar energy and light transmittance. Part 2: Detailed calculation method.
- EN 14500 Blinds and shutters. Thermal and visual comfort. Test and calculation methods
- ASTM C 1371 Standard method for the determination of the emittance of materials near room temperature using portable emissometers.
- ASTM E 1980 Standard practice for calculating solar reflectance index of horizontal and low-sloped opaque surfaces.
- En ISO 2813 Paints and varnishes. Determination of gloss value at 20°, 60° and 85°.
- EN ISO 11664-3:2013 Calorimetry. Part 3: CIE tristimulus values
- Glass Manufacturers
- Concrete and Mortar Manufacturers
- Translucent Polymer Manufacturers
- Public Administrations
- Manufacturers of paints and waterproofing products
- Manufacturers of materials for the lifting industry
- Architects, construction companies, building owners and managers
- Manufacturers of components for the automotive, naval and railway sectors
- Manufacturers of ceramic, polymer and composite finishes, sandwich panels, plastic sheeting, technical textiles, blinds, shutters, etc.
Accreditations and Recognition
ENAC Accreditation No. 4/LE024 for the Construction Industry
ENAC Accreditation No. 4/LE063 for the Materials Sector
Notified Body No. 1292 for the Construction Products Directive
Technical Assessment Body (TAB) for issuing European Technical Assessments (ETAs) for Construction Products.