In an increasingly interconnected and interactive world, we design solutions by developing and integrating the most suitable technologies required regarding digital processes, products, and services. We seek to align business transformation with digital model shift, driving new opportunities with digital technologies at the core.
The main focus of digital transformation is the digitalisation of the company’s value proposal, redesigning processes and, above all, their business models. It also implies thinking about the product or service in terms of the user, the digital perimeter we build, while seeking user loyalty in every interaction. This is a transformation that involves new models of power and a change that requires, above all, the evolution of the culture of organizations and people.
The digital technologies we work on may either be driving new business directly related to the new skills they bring, or they may generate transformations in poorly digital value proposals, but that have the potential to scale or diversify. In other cases, efficiency in value creation processes (transformations, integrations, etc.) is improved while generating efficacy through the analysis of data. Value extraction from the data is another of the goals behind this transformation, generating proprietary value proposals power models (defensive) and external ones (disintermediation). Lastly, the challenge of resilience and trust in digital infrastructures must be highlighted, reducing the risk in transformation processes that generate long-term dependencies on digital technologies.
We collaborate with companies in generating smart products and solutions, by developing and managing systems that help experts extract knowledge out of data. Systems that can and do support decision-making in different environments, such as Industry 4.0 (industrial process optimisation, digital twins, performance prediction, decision prescribing, etc.), energy (improvement of energy efficiency performance), logistics and smart transport systems, new health therapies, prediction of performance (markets, processes, society etc.), the support of prescription in business environments, personalised assistance based on data, characterisation and modelling of critical processes providing them with smarter and safer features, etc. We work on:
- Machine learning / Deep learning
- Advanced algorithmics (Stream Learning, Reinforcement Learning, Privacy Aware ML, Edge AI)
- Smart optimisation, both in classic computer models and in quantum systems.
- Explainability: Fairness, Accountability, Transparency.
- Modelling and Data Science
- Applied descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive models.
ROBOTICS AND COGNITIVE SYSTEMS
We design and develop robots and automatisms to improve the efficiency of the productive and operational processes of companies in different sectors: Health, autonomous vehicles, construction, the primary sector and, in general, in all types of environment in which robotics and cognitive systems can improve process efficiency and transform companies or value chains. Offer new solutions through:
- Flexible and collaborative robotics.
- Cognitive and autonomous control.
- Design and Development of Innovative Control Systems.
- Adaptation and experimentation of new automated systems and autonomous robots.
- Human-robot interaction technologies.
- Interoperability of robotic systems.
ADVANCED SYSTEMS FOR INTERACTION AND WORKER 4.0
We hybridise the the physical world and the digital world by means of technologies that increase the cognitive abilities of working people, augmenting the efficiency of training processes and providing digital perimeters over the physical perimeters of the worker’s performance. The technologies we work with are:
- Augmented Reality / Mixed Reality for specific operational contexts.
- Collaborative Virtual Reality for training or simulation processes.
- Natural Interaction.
- Wearables adapted to special needs.
- Exoskeletons for the prevention of musculo-skeletal disorders.
- Digital ergonomics (HF & UX) linked to connected workplaces.
HIGH-PERFORMANCE COMPUTING FOR BIG DATA
We deliver the Big Data vision needed by organisations seeking to generate value through data. We address value generation through data seeking to improve process efficiency and develop new products and/or services. We develop new massive, heterogeneous data processing technologies and architectures on high-performance platforms, including:
- Big Data specific Infrastructures (e.g. on Horton Works)
- Persistence Mechanisms for Big Data: NoSQL and Data Lake data models.
- Hybrid Big Data models (real-time/batch), architectures (Lamdba, Kappa, ELK, etc.) and distributed programming models.
- Edge/Fog specific solutions.
- Data Governance: Life-cycle, Big Data security, regulatory compliance.
- MLOps (IA Operation) & Infrastructure as Code (IaC).
- Cloud Service Brokers, Migration to Cloud.
- Software engineering for Multi Cloud systems.
- Cloud security certification schemes.
LIFE-CYCLE SYSTEMS AND DEVELOPMENTS
We address risk and cost reduction, quality improvement, and reduce the development life-cycle timelines, integrating and acquiring software and systems. We help increase the productivity, agility, and quality of digital work environments that enable information systems to manage their life-cycle thanks to:
- Predictive models for the identification of bottlenecks and hidden costs.
- Technical debt quantification and tools for its reduction.
- Techniques and methods for co-engineering of complex systems.
- Technologies for incremental assessment of evolving regulations.
- Quantitative and qualitative risk analysis and management techniques.
- Techniques for implementing functional life-cycle assurance.
CYBERSECURITY AND TRUST
We innovate in the generation of security technologies and trust in digital systems, the weak point of digital transformation when it does not contemplate the “security by design” principles nor does it comply with protective measures in depth. Development of proof of concept and solutions based on privacy or traceability technologies. Tools and methods to ensure safety & security from the early stages of design. Technologies for controlling and safeguarding the security of systems, data, and networks. Management of security risks in critical systems. With this, we offer new applications in the following areas:
- Distributed Ledger Technologies: Blockchain Distributed Ledgers.
- Security, privacy and protection by design.
- Identity/privacy management solutions.
- Control, Protection and Risk Management.
- Artificial Intelligence for cybersecurity (e.g. Adversarial ML)
- Cyber Ranges and Attack Simulations.
- Quantum Security / Post-Quantum Cryptography.
- Compliance within new cybersecurity scenarios.
INTERNET OF THINGS (IoT)
We design and work on the deployment of new platforms and technologies specialised in the implementation of new digital services, including mobility services, as well as services based on smart products and services. To do this we combine technologies related to:
- Embedded processing
- Platforms for interoperability of distributed systems.
- Advanced communications protocols for Industrial IoT.
- Communication and network systems
- Location and guidance
- Conformity Assessment
- 5G and associated technologies
SENSORS AND ACTUATORS
We give physical elements the ability to generate the data needed for their operation, through advanced monitoring and instrumentation. We provide connectivity tailored to the operational context through monitoring and instrumentation of physical elements. We work with heterogeneous sensors, miniaturised and embedded systems. We provide solutions in the following areas:
- Inspection and quality control
- Monitoring of structural health
- Energy harvesting
- Actuators and Motors
We research new technologies related to the field of computer vision by applying their advantages in the development of complex systems of segmentation, classification, image prediction in environments such as manufacturing, safety or health. We develop automatic quality inspection solutions, capacity controls, hyperspectral imaging applied to sectors such as the food industry, waste management etc. We perform the capture and interpretation of images and data obtained in non-visible channels using image pre-processing techniques, Bayesian modelling of the light-matter interaction, in-line/at-line systems, assessment of remote chemical composition, etc. We apply novel algorithms to real applications in 24/7 production. In this sense, it is important to highlight applications in many markets such as control and measurement systems for steelworks, open space occupancy control, biomedical image analysis, thermography systems, electrode vision control in electric arc furnaces, and many more. We innovate in fields such as:
- Image and signal processing and classification
- Inspection and quality control
- Deep Learning applied to vision.
We facilitate the transparent interconnection of data processing systems and equipment using data on device and machinery health, and the reconfiguration of the state of the devices to achieve the target availability goals. We work on in-plant data collection and conversion solutions for information and knowledge, inspection, and measurement and control systems, to improve productivity as well as applications for predictive maintenance of production media, using techniques such as:
- RAMS (Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety)
- Condition Based Maintenance (CBM)
- Prognosis Health Maintenance (PHM)
- Hybrid models, digital twins and data fusion.