We develop coatings, surface treatments, surface modifications and even equipment for various specific applications (tribological, anti-corrosion, protective, optical, omniphobic surface, functional, sensorial, biointegration, bioadhesive, antithrombotic and/or antimicrobial, biocide, intumescent and fireproofing applications, among others), and we also characterise the surfaces obtained.
We use these technologies to solve industrial problems such as wear, erosion, ageing, corrosion and bio-fouling.
We also improve the functional properties of materials and components: electrical contact resistance, optical, omniphobic, functional, sensorial, biointegration, bioadhesive, antithrombotic and/or antimicrobial, biocide, intumescent, fireproofing, self-cleaning and anti-frost properties, among others.
Key surfaceengineering technologies:
- Plasma-assisted processes (PVD, ASP, microwave plasma).
- Conversion and passivation treatments.
- Electrodeposition and electroless plating.
- Functional printing (ink-jet, aerosol-jet, microdispensing).
- Micro-nanotextured surfaces and coatings (plasma etching, UVNIL, thermal NIL, chemical etching).
- Thermal spraying (HFPD detonation, HVOF-HVOAF, APS, LP-PS, cold spraying).
- Formulation of varnishes and paints (solvent based, aqueous and photo-polymerisable).