The uniqueness of our service in this field is based on the combination of knowledge of materials and welding processes. This is thanks to a multidisciplinary team of industrial welding engineers, metallurgical technicians and failure analysis/forensic joint welding engineering technologists.
In the field of industrial welding, market needs as well as new requirements and regulations are becoming increasingly demanding.
Our services are based on applying knowledge of welding processes (joint design, parameters, preheating temperatures, etc.) to a wide range of metal alloys and applications.
How does TECNALIA provide technical guidance on Industrial Welding?
- Process optimisation.
- Support in the development of prototypes.
- Qualification of welding and additive manufacturing procedures.
- Failure/Root Cause Analysis (RCA) on welded structures and components.
- Validation of welded and additively manufactured components according to the service conditions to which they are subjected.
- Fatigue design assessment of welded parts.
- Characterisation and testing of welded and riveted/bolted joints.
- Guidance on the implementation of quality systems.
- Tailor-made specific training
- Manufacturers of metal components
- Metal transformation sector
- Oil & Gas sector
- Renewable energies
- Component manufacturers for the aeronautical, railway, automotive, naval and offshore sectors
- Design and maintenance engineering firms
Destructive testing of welded joints accredited as per ISO 17025 (ENAC Dossier Nº4/LE063)