Advanced joining technology facilities with equipment for conventional arc processes, orbital welding, soldering and brazing.
This equipment makes it possible to provide support and technical solutions for the vast majority of joints, whether they are made of metal or ceramic materials and are dissimilar. It also makes it possible to join materials through the melting of only the filler material.
The equipment available in the laboratory includes:
- High-vacuum furnace for brazing and heat treatment processes. This furnace has a gas lung coupled to it, which makes it possible to carry out hardening treatment. The furnace's two hatches make it possible to input high gas pressures, in the order of 5000 bars, to carry out these treatments.
- Arc welding equipment. MIG, TIG.
- Orbital TIG equipment with heads for different tube diameters with and without adding material.
- Tube squaring machine for tube welding.
- Equipment for measuring and controlling seams.
- Videoscope for inspecting tube welding.
The facilities are located in two separate areas in order to maintain the safety characteristics of the processes.
TECNALIA's experience in the different joining processes allows it to help companies select the processes for joining similar and dissimilar materials, and for joining materials of a different nature: metal-ceramic.
- Companies in which joining processes are part of their production processes.