LEO is in an ultrasound inspection system that continuously monitors the structural health status of the main shaft of the wind turbine, while automating the predictive maintenance system of the wind turbine.
Periodic manual inspections are carried out to collect information on the health status of the main shaft of a wind turbine.
LEO is an autonomous on-board system that allows:
- Service-life extension. Since inspection can be done with an hourly frequency, the minimum utilisation is 96% of the shaft’s useful life.
- Programme several detection and advancement of the cracks, so as the crack progresses the system informs of the need to manage the stock and the scheduling of the stop.
- Automatic inspections without stopping the machine: production optimisation.
- Virtually no variable costs.
- Wind farms
- Models of higher interest: G5X, G8X, Bonus 1300, MadeEA46
- TRL 9
- The system has been validated for field work and is currently installed in a set of 95 wind turbines