ATLANTIS is a content-based and clinically relevant histological image search and retrieval system. Using Deep Learning (DL) technology applied to digital pathology imaging, it provides pathologists with similar previously diagnosed cases to assist in diagnosis.
40% of histology imaging-based cancer diagnoses are erroneous or overestimated, and more than 60% of cancer researchers reported problems in properly diagnosing certain types of cancer.
The contrast of opinions with other experts in the field is key in diagnosing.
The cost of a cancer treatment varies between €20,000 – €50,000.
- Hospitals: a diagnostic aid tool for pathologists
- Laboratories: selection of samples for research
- Universities: real learning tool with a network of virtual teachers and patients
- Genetic Pathology Market: USA is the most important market with $103M in 2014 and is expected to reach $294.4M in 2020; and a CAGR of 20% from 2015 to 2020
- TRL 6 with search engine without DL (validation by 11 pathologists with 70% success rate for lung, colon, and breast cancer)
- TRL 3 with image search engine with DL for colon cancer (80% success rate)
- BIOEF-Osakidetza collaboration