Initiatives, such as GAIA-X and IDSA establish the requirements for the secure exchange of industrial data among multiple players. At this conference, experts in these issues will talk to us about how to apply these frameworks and architectures to different cases of energy use.
- Opening: representatives of the Basque Government, and the European Commission will establish the context of digital sovereignty and data governance.
- Technical Sessions: focusing on technological challenges for the exchange of energy data and initiatives under way.
- Projects and pilots on the exchange of energy data: representatives of the projects involved in the OPEN DEI Energy field will present their activity and will debate the needs and challenges faced in the creation of common ground for the exchange of data in the energy sector.
- Synergies and opportunities will be identified to continue these collaborative developments over the coming years, which will give rise to results with a greater impact and a more efficient use of resources.
- Interaction, mutual knowledge and the exchange of best practices and lessons learnt from a series of R&D projects will be provided; focusing particularly on providing added value to the different agents of the energy sector through efficient data exchange, its processing and analysis.
Activities 22 September
Those attending the conference, who intend to travel to Bilbao, will be able to join in a series of activities scheduled for the previous day (22 September).
- Visit to the GIROA VEOLIA Hubgrade facilities: an energy management centre that allows for the remote control and operation of the facilities managed by Giroa Veolia in real time.
- Visit to the TECNALIA Microgrid: a low voltage three-phase microgrid for the development and testing of equipment for the integration of distributed energy resources into the grid.
- Visit to the IBERDROLA Global Smart Grids Innovation Hub: a Centre of excellence designed to support state-of-the-art projects related to smart grid technology that benefit from local industries and foster global innovation.
This conference will be held under the framework of the PLATOON initiative. The participation of PLATOON in the OPEN-DEI initiative, co-presiding Working Group 3 (linking of Ecosystems) has enabled all of these agents to come together and share their experiences with us.
The event will be in-person, but on-line access will be provided.
The conference will be in English.