The technological advances produced along the entire value chain and the most promising ongoing research will be the main features of STEEL TECH 2021. The event has the confirmed participation of about 30 companies of great international prestige.
It will be divided into morning and afternoon sessions where the main challenges and trends of the steel sector will be addressed.
- Experts with an outstanding track record will participate, including Dr Hans-Willi Raedt, CEO of Prosimalys, who will open the meeting with a keynote speech on current trends in steel technology for forged products.
- Representatives of leading companies such as Urbania Construcción, Fagor Arrasate, Windar Renovables, CENIM, and Tubacex will also take part in the sessions.
- Carlos Alba, Global R&D-Chief Digital Officer of ArcelorMittal, will give a speech.
- There will also be presentations on the dual digital and sustainable transition such as smartisation, artificial intelligence, circular economy (recovery, recycling and scrap management), and cybersecurity.
- The effects of hydrogen on steel, design guidelines for new steels in transportation and steel storage will be some of the topics to be addressed.
- A strategic vision on steel solutions and applications in strategic sectors such as construction, rail, automotive and energy will be featured.
- This event combines congress, exhibition and networking areas in the same space, as well as technical visits.
- TECNALIA will collaborate and sponsor the event alongside other relevant organisations in the steel industry.
- STEEL TECH, Congress & Expo is organised by Bilbao Exhibition Centre and SIDEREX.