Physical simulation of thermo-mechanical processes in metal alloys developed by means of the GLEEBLE 3800 system. The system enables industrial processes and the testing of metal materials to be simulated.
TECNALIA’s GLEEBLE 3800 system is a physical simulator of thermo-mechanical processes in metal alloys, such as hot rolling, forging, hot stamping, HAZ in welding and the mapping of forming.
Our service includes:
- Process simulation: hot rolling, forging, hot stamping, HAZ in welding and the mapping of forming.
- Materials testing: thermal cycle tests, hot tensile tests (ductility), hot uniaxial compression tests (true stress-deformation curves), susceptibility cracking (SICO) tests, post-deformation dilatometry tests, thermal fatigue tests, fusion and solidification, etc.
Its main features are:
- “Direct resistance” heating thermal system (heating speed up to 10,000 ºC/s).
- Mechanical system with precise control of mechanical variables (axis movement, applied force).
- Isothermal planes Axial temperature gradient.
- Companies devoted to manufacturing or transforming metal alloy products by means of thermo-mechanical processes. In particular, foundry and steel processes.