We carry out studies into glass performance in accordance with the climatic and mechanical requirements set out in customers’ protocols, as well as on-site inspections for failure analysis of glazing.
We are a reference testing laboratory for the glass and glass products manufacturing sector. We are also a Notified Body for CE marking.
- Performance of tests to obtain certificates in accordance with prevailing regulations
- Advice on pathologies and their causes for glass in building
- Characterisation of special glass
- Study into glass performance under specific climatic and mechanical requirements.
Tests and Standards
- Mechanical: fragmentation of toughened glass and heat strengthened glass, resistance to compression, resistance to bending in accordance with UNE-EN 1288-3, resistance to pendulum impact in accordance with EN 12600 and resistance to manual attack in accordance with EN 356 (falling ball and hammer attack).
- Optical Characteristics: UV-VIS-NIR transmission, reflection and absorption in accordance with ISO 9050 and EN 410, ASTM E903, determination of emissivity in accordance with EN 12898, colour coordinates, optical distortions and separation from the secondary image
- Durability of laminated glass: resistance to humidity, high temperature and radiation in accordance with ISO 12543-4
- Fire Resistance EN 357 and reaction to fire in laminated glass and glass insulation units EN 13501-1
- Thermal Transfer in accordance with EN 673 and EN ISO 8990
- Airborne noise sound insulation in accordance with EN ISO 10140-2
- Characterisation of glass insulation units: Measurement of moisture penetration index, gas leakage rate, condensation test, determination of sealant adhesion in glass insulation units in accordance with EN 1279-2, EN 1279-3, EN 1279-4 and EN 1279-6
- Manufacturers of floating, printed and laminated glass, glass for special applications, glass insulation units
- Glass manufacturers for railway or maritime transport
Accreditations and Recognition
ENAC ILAC accreditation for the materials sector in compliance with ISO 17025, under file No. 4/LE063
ENAC ILAC accreditation for the construction sector in compliance with ISO 17025, under file No. 4/LE024
ENAC ILAC accreditation for acoustics in compliance with ISO 17025, under file No. 4/LE456
Notified Body No. 1292 for the Construction Products Directive
Technical Assessment Body (TAB) for issuing European Technical Assessments (ETAs) for Construction Products.