Energy sector workers must be more and more prepared and better trained for operations carried out in the field, or to deal with unexpected situations. Furthermore, the amount of data that the sector’s infrastructure and measuring systems process in real time is increasing considerably.
It often happens that only certain parts or people in the company possess expert knowledge, and it is not available to everyone involved.
This webinar will talk about augmented/virtual/mixed technology that aims to solve this problem. It offers several alternatives to face this problem: from a clear and simple way of interpreting the data, to remote assistance for operators, immersive and intuitive training, simulation of several different environments, hands-free field work and step-by-step guiding systems.
- Definition of augmented/virtual/mixed reality technology.
- Brief description of the equipment requirement for the deployment of this technology.
- Presentation of several cases where it is used in the energy sector.
- Companies in the energy sector interested in the technology showcased and its applicability.
- Research groups working with augmented and/or virtual reality technology.
- Igor Quintela – Augment and Virtual Reality Researcher.