Shared data spaces in industry: the time is NOW
Shared data spaces are spaces where collaboration and data exchange between different organisations or individuals is possible and reliable. Instead of keeping data in inaccessible silos, shared data spaces enable different actors to access data wherever they are.
Shared data spaces have several benefits:
- Cost reduction: savings on data collection and storage costs, as the data is in a single place for anyone to use it.
- Increased efficiency: working more efficiently as efforts do not have to be duplicated in data collection and analysis.
- Increased accuracy: improving the accuracy of data by enabling different actors to complement and verify each other's data.
- New opportunities: new opportunities for collaboration and business between different actors that had not been considered before, including those intended for sharing.
- Increased transparency: improving transparency and accountability by enabling different actors to access and use the same data for decision-making.
However, there are also some challenges associated with shared data spaces, such as privacy and data security and, consequently, trust. It is important to ensure that shared data is protected and used responsibly so as to avoid any risk to privacy or security.
In short, shared data spaces have the potential to drive innovation and collaboration across industries and sectors, provided they are managed responsibly and the associated challenges are adequately addressed.
TECNALIA and shared data spaces in industry
TECNALIA has the necessary capabilities to help industry in general, and manufacturing, in particular, to make digital transformation sustainable. This includes technologies associated with shared data spaces.
Focusing on the industrial sector, we provide industrial companies with specific and integrated solutions for data sharing: they cover the technical needs of the industrial sector, from data analysis and cleansing and matching, to technologies such as cybersecurity and blockchain around data privacy and security, through to interoperability between disparate data and platforms.
At TECNALIA, we believe that it is time to show our potential from a comprehensive point of view (data+security+privacy): which no other national agent has.