The use of plastics and composite materials is a reality in the industry, with remarkable growth in high added-value applications, including components with structural responsibility. Sectors such as aeronautics, automotive, railways, naval, and renewables design and manufacture more and more components with this type of materials that need to be validated.
- We will introduce the Mechanical Characterisation of Plastics and Composites by means of a brief overview of the different testing methods.
- We will focus on the tensile test by reviewing the different sections and test methodologies in compliance with the UNE-EN ISO 527 standard.
- The session will include two case studies with video demonstrations; a plastic material manufactured by injection and a composite intended for advanced applications.
- Introduction to Mechanical Testing
- Specific case of standard UNE-EN ISO 527: Tensile test
- Demonstration: Video on plastic test specimen
- Demonstration: Video on composite test specimen
- Manufacturers of parts and structures for the aeronautical, space, railway and automotive sectors
- Manufacturers of components for renewables and the energy sector, in general
- Manufacturers of equipment for the Chemical and Petrochemical Industry
- Manufacturers or construction materials