“In addition to the directors of technology, market and strategy at TECNALIA and TECNALIA Ventures, representatives of external agents in the field of investment and entrepreneurship have participated in the Evaluation Committee”
The eight opportunities presented at Omega are candidates to form part of the TECNALIA acceleration programme, managed by TECNALIA Ventures
The first OMEGA 2022 session was held on 26 May, in which representatives of TECNALIA presented the eight deep tech business opportunities that, will become part of the applied research and technological development centre’s internal acceleration programme following an assessment by the Evaluation Committee.
Future spin-offs will be created in this acceleration programme, managed by the Deep Tech Venture Builder, TECNALIA Ventures. The technology-based business opportunities presented offer relevant business hypotheses and differential technological value proposals, generally protected under patents or software registrations.
In addition to the technology, market and strategy directors at TECNALIA and TECNALIA Ventures, external investment and entrepreneurship agents, such as Guillermo Delclaux, partner of Tekpolio; Murli Bhamidipati, private investor; Jorge Aranzabe, Deputy Director of Capital Risk Basque Country (CRPV); and Garbiñe Manterola, Director of Knowledge Transfer at Basque Research & Technology Alliance (BRTA) have also participated.
Deep tech business opportunities
More specifically, the following deep tech business opportunities have been presented:
- BROKEL: solving the financial puzzle. Privacy technologies to obtain customer default risk scoring based on their global reputational analysis.
- NEWRO: intracranial stroke rehabilitation. Robotic medical device for upper extremity neurorehabilitation that combines a variety of electrophysiological data acquisition systems.
- RECY-BATT: recovery of copper, nickel and lithium from LIBs. Smart procedure for pretreatment of battery waste based on its origin/typology and efficient recovery of critical materials through an advanced hydrometallurgy process.
- CirRobBat: circular robotics for battery dismantling. Automation of the battery dismantling process for reuse and recycling using robotic systems.
- PV-LIGHT: disruptive photovoltaic in response to future mobility challenges. Ultra-light and efficient solar panels for high value-added applications in land and air mobility.
- KONBUS+: best thermal spray technologies for the best coating solutions in every application. Gas-powered alternative thermal projection equipment (HVOAF and HFPDneo) to cover all types of materials with high quality and performance.
- AHT 2.0: competitive decarbonisation of industry. Reversible absorption heat pump for the revaluation of low temperature industrial residual heat, which allows it to be used in the form of heat or cold with economic and environmental appeal.
- AXLEFIX: going from 2 to 1 articulations. Directional system to improve handling of articulated vehicles.