FESIA Technology is a medical device start-up for neurorehabilitation of patients who have suffered neuromuscular diseases and injuries.
Its mission is to improve the quality of life of stroke and neuromuscular disease patients at all stages of their rehabilitation process by means of functional electrical stimulation medical devices.
FESIA’s technology is protected under a patent and two international patent applications. We have implemented it in various therapeutic and neuro-prosthesis devices for people with neurological disorders that require rehabilitation of the upper and lower limbs.
It consists of a single pad of electrodes (up to 32), which makes it possible to control each electrode independently or in a group, improving muscle selectivity and reducing patients’ muscle fatigue.
- Greater muscle selectivity during stimulation: the use of an electrode with multiple fields allows muscles to contract with greater selectivity. This improves muscle selectivity, increases the patient's functional performance and reduces muscle fatigue.
- Automatic calibration: it features an algorithm that uses information from sensors to calibrate itself automatically.
- Easy integration: the modularity with which it has been designed makes it easy to create hybrid systems.
- Real-time adaptation: the system can modify a number of activation parameters to improve the quality of the stimulation-induced movement.
- Portability: Its lightness, small size and lack of cables mean that it can be integrated under any garment, resulting in portable systems.
- Rehabilitation and therapeutic markets.
Fesia is looking for partners to consolidate its international sales in Europe.
In 2021, it will launch a Series A financing round to accelerate the company’s growth.
Phase: In the market
Offices: San Sebastian – ES
Funding rounds: 1
Co-investors: TECNALIA, Loramendi S. Coop, Insertec