We develop membranes and membrane reactors for industrial gas production and separation demands to reduce energy expenses, increase efficiency, reduce costs and reduce the environmental impact of the separations. We look at the characterisation of membranes in real conditions and make prototype equipment to demonstrate the operability of our developments.
This technology allows us to obtain smaller, cleaner and more efficient units, reducing the number of basic process operations and developing multifunctional equipment (process intensification).
Our technological solutions include:
- Developing membranes and specific processes for separating gases in different sectors. Gases such as H2, O2, CO2, CH4; olefin-paraffin mixtures and water in organic solvents.
- Providing support in the correct selection of membranes.
- Assessing the behaviour of materials under “laboratory” conditions.
- Characterising membranes for pure gases and gas mixtures under operating conditions.
- Integrating membranes into membrane reactors: process intensification Producing H2 from methane, biogas, ethanol and others, and recovering CO2.