Laboratory to evaluate the acoustic quality of materials and products in relation to noise.
The acoustic characterisation of products defines their level of sound insulation, absorption and transmission. These values will be used to establish their application in buildings and installations.
Acoustics Division of the Basque Government’s Quality Control Laboratory. (Cooperation agreement)
C/ Agirrelanda, 10; 01013 Vitoria-Gasteiz (Álava).
We offer the following services:
- Acoustic characterisation of products.
- Testing and evaluation plans.
- Support in product development and improvement.
- Regulatory compliance advice.
- Training on acoustics.
- CE marking.
- Technical suitability studies for innovative products.
- Technical evaluations (Technical Conformity Reports).
Laboratory with versatile facilities:
- Reverberation room.
- Horizontal and vertical airborne noise transmission rooms.
- Impact noise measurement rooms.
In the laboratory facilities we can perform the following tests:
- Measurement of airborne and impact sound insulation:
- Windows, doors and skylights.
- Façades and internal partitions.
- Roofs and floor slabs.
- Flooring, walls, ceilings, ETICS…
- Measurement of acoustic absorption of:
- Coatings and absorbent materials.
- Partitions, furniture, chairs…
- False ceilings.
- Road screens.
- Measurement of the reduction of the conversation sound level of:
- Booths, assembled furniture, privacy enhancing office furniture.
- Measurement of the dynamic stiffness and airflow resistance of materials.
- Measurement of footfall sound of floor coverings.
Implementing regulations: EN ISO 10140, EN 1793, EN ISO 354, ISO 20189, ISO 23351-1, EN 29053, EN ISO 10534-2.
- Manufacturers of materials, construction materials and systems.
- Engineering firms, developers, construction companies.
- Quality control firms.
- Research groups, architectural studies
Accreditations and Recognition
Laboratory certified in ISO 9001 and ISO 17025 (ENAC certification No. 4/LE063)
ENAC ILAC accreditation for the construction sector in compliance with ISO 17025, under file No. 4/LE024
ENAC ILAC accreditation for acoustics in compliance with ISO 17025, under file No. 4/LE456. Laboratory with certified management system in accordance with standard UNE-EN 9100:2010.
Technical Assessment Body (TAB) for issuing European Technical Assessments (ETAs) for Construction Products.
Notified Body No. 1292 for the Construction Products Directive