Laboratory for assessing the acoustic quality of construction materials, products and systems against noise, by means of acoustic testing.
This activity is carried out at the facilities of the Acoustics Division of the Basque Government's Building Quality Control Laboratory, in accordance with the collaboration agreement.
Acoustics Division of the Basque Government's Quality Control Laboratory.
Building Quality Control Laboratory of the Housing Department: C/ Agirrelanda, 10; 01013 Vitoria-Gasteiz (Álava).
Laboratory with versatile facilities:
- Reverberation room.
- Horizontal and vertical airborne noise transmission rooms.
- Impact noise measurement rooms.
The services provided include:
- Acoustic characterisation of products and systems by means of insulation and sound absorption tests.
- Determination of the physical and acoustic parameters of materials to support product development and improvement.
- Guidance for compliance with standards and regulations on acoustic conditions in buildings: DB-HR “noise protection” of CTE.
- Training on acoustics.
The products assessed include:
- Measurement of airborne and impact sound insulation:
- Windows, doors and skylights.
- Façades and internal partitions.
- Roofs and floor slabs.
- Flooring, walls, ceilings, ETICS…
- Measurement of acoustic absorption of:
- Coatings and absorbent materials.
- Partitions, furniture, chairs…
- False ceilings.
- Road screens.
- Measurement of the dynamic stiffness and airflow resistance of materials.
- Measurement of noise from flooring in passages, insulation in cabins, bell emission levels, insulation of furniture, etc.
Tests carried out: EN ISO 10140, EN 1793, EN ISO 354, EN 29053, EN ISO 10534-2.
- Manufacturers of materials, construction materials and systems: architectural envelopes, screens, interiors and carpentry.
- Engineering firms, developers, construction companies.
- Quality control firms.
Accreditations and Recognition
Laboratory certified in ISO 9001 and ISO 17025 (ENAC certification No. 4/LE063)
ENAC ILAC accreditation for the construction sector in compliance with ISO 17025, under file No. 4/LE024
ENAC ILAC accreditation for acoustics in compliance with ISO 17025, under file No. 4/LE456. Laboratory with certified management system in accordance with standard UNE-EN 9100:2010.
Technical Assessment Body (TAB) for issuing European Technical Assessments (ETAs) for Construction Products.
Notified Body No. 1292 for the Construction Products Directive