Laboratory for assessing the effectiveness of preservatives for wood and materials derived from wood (panels, WPC, CLT) against certain biological agents, such as basidiomycetes, chromogen fungi, algae and xylophagous insects.
The laboratory has the following equipment:
- Climatic chambers: own breeding centres with more than 20 termite colonies (breeding centre with Hylotrupes bajulus), temperature and humidity chambers, thermal shock chambers, ultraviolet ageing chambers: (fluorescent (QUV), with a Xenon arc lamp), salt spray chambers, humidity saturation chambers…
- Equipment for physical tests: viscometers, gloss meter, colorimeter, pycnometer, thickness gauges, particle size gauges, sieves, etc.
- Mechanical test bench: universal testing machine and structural dynamometer, impact meter, abrasion meter…
- Equipment for analytical techniques: SEM, FTIR, FTIR – ATR, Micro-ATR; GC, HPLC-MS, DSC, U-IS, TGA…
- Equipment for characterising the fire resistance performance of materials: SBI, cone calorimeter, smoke opacity and toxicity.
We offer the following services:
- Assessment of the effectiveness and resistance of materials against biological agents:
- Termites: EN 117 and EN 118.
- Woodworm, both curative and preventive treatments: EN 1390, EN 46 and EN 47.
- Rot fungi: EN 113, ENV 807, CEN/TS 839 and ENV 12038.
- Chromogen fungi: EN 152.
- Wood inspections and pathologies.
- Maps of urban termites.
- Technical assessment.
- Test plans.
Materials assessed include:
- Wood preservatives.
- Decorative and industrial paints.
- Waterproofing products.
- Wooden structures.
- Concrete protection systems.
- Manufacturers and importers of wood and wood derivatives.
- Manufacturers and importers of wooden floors.
- Sawmills and structural timber companies.
- Wood treatment companies.
- Historical heritage companies.
- Builders, promoters and architects’ studios.
- Local council town planning departments.
Certifications and Accreditations
Laboratory certified in ISO 9001 and ISO 17025 (ENAC certification No. 4/LE063)
ENAC ILAC accreditation for the construction sector in compliance with ISO 17025, under file No. 4/LE024
ENAC ILAC accreditation for acoustics in compliance with ISO 17025, under file No. 4/LE456. Laboratory with certified management system in accordance with standard UNE-EN 9100:2010.
Technical Assessment Body (TAB) for issuing European Technical Assessments (ETAs) for Construction Products.
Notified Body No. 1292 for the Construction Products Directive