“The Innova category of the awards has prize money of €5,000, in addition to an internship at the TECNALIA laboratories or, mentoring by the TECNALIA Ventures team focused on technological entrepreneurship.”
The call to participate in the XIV edition of the SusChem Young Chemical Researchers Awards, in which TECNALIA and TECNALIA Ventures collaborate and whose objective is to recognise young researchers specialising in sustainable chemistry, is now open.
SusChem, the Sustainable Chemical Innovation and Technology Platform, has opened its call for the XIV edition of its SusChem Awards to recognise scientific activity and dissemination among young researchers in the different areas of specialisation in sustainable chemistry.
Since the first edition in 2008, the SusChem Awards have recognised the work of 53 young chemistry researchers, from more than 1,000 applications submitted. The awards place value on the talent of the young promises in chemistry, highlighting the promising upcoming pool of researchers under the age of 40.
SusChem Young Chemical Researchers aim to recognise, encourage and promote scientific activity and dissemination among young chemical researchers. The awards also aim to drive, develop and raise awareness of the chemistry discipline in Spain, in terms of pure science and its applications.
TECNALIA, in conjunction with its Deep Tech Venture Builder, TECNALIA Ventures is one of the associations that promotes and organises these awards, along with the Spanish Chemical Industry Business Federation (FEIQUE), the Spanish National Association of Chemicals and Chemical Engineers (ANQUE), the Spanish Conference of Chemistry Deans (CEDQ), Expoquimia and the Chemistry and Society Forum.
Three categories for the SusChem Awards
The SusChem Awards are structured into three categories:
- Future: Award for the best academic record in a chemistry degree or any other related to science and chemical technologies whose degree title was obtained in 2021.
- The prize is €2,000 and a year’s membership of SusChem-Spain and ANQUE.
- Research: Award to the author of the best scientific publication, dated 2021, in any area of chemistry, and who held the PhD qualification on 31st December 2021.
- The prize is €3,000 and a year’s membership of SusChem-Spain and ANQUE.
- Innovate: Award for the best work developed from a public-private collaboration. The work submitted must have generated results in the last three years in any area related to sustainable chemistry, including work on the transition to the circular economy and decarbonisation.
- The prize is €5,000 and a year’s membership of SusChem-Spain and ANQUE. Winners will also have access to an internship at the TECNALIA applied chemistry research laboratories depending on the industrial feasibility, market potential and agreement between the parties involved or they will be able to opt for mentoring by the TECNALIA Ventures teams, focused on improving their capabilities in the field of technological entrepreneurship.
Terms and Conditions of the Competition
The application period to participate in this 2022 edition is from 19th April until 5pm on 31st May. Participants can process their applications on-line and consult the terms and conditions of the competition on the SusChem-Spain website.