We promote energy transition towards a decarbonised, decentralised and digitised energy system. We do this by integrating distributed generation and storage into the grid, electric vehicles, control systems for microgrids and the hybridisation of generation technologies, energy storage systems and power electronics.
Our key technologies include:
- Power grid simulation environments for integrating distributed generation and storage into the grid and electric vehicles.
- Development of algorithms for controlling voltage and frequency in power grids (web-of-cells concept).
- Design and specification of microgrids and hybridisation of generation technologies.
- Analysis and design of energy storage systems: sizing, analysis and characterisation, up to the development of battery management systems / energy management systems.
- Development of power converter prototypes: interconnection to the power grid for distributed generation and storage, and/or provision of quality supply services, interconnection of HVDC offshore wind farms.
Our technologies make it possible for us to develop solutions for electric utilities, equipment manufacturers and service providers for an energy-efficient transition.