Pilot casting plant with the capacity to manufacture steel, cast iron, aluminium, zamak and magnesium parts by sand casting and gravity die casting.
The pilot plant has equipment for:
- Manufacturing sand moulds:
- Using a turbomixer, resins and catalysts. PET-set process.
- Max. semi-mould weight: 500 kg.
- Capacity: 8 tonnes/ hour.
- Manufacturing cast iron parts using the gravity method:
- Sand casting.
- Gravity die casting.
- Materials: steel, cast iron, aluminium, copper alloys, zamak.
- Finishing of cast parts.
- Shotblasting procedure.
- In-plant equipment.
- Tilting fusion furnace (aluminium):
- Electrical resistance heating.
- Capacity: 100 kg aluminium.
- Tilting electric induction furnaces:
- There are 2 tanks of 1 tonne and 0.5 tonne for melting metal. (steel, cast iron, aluminium, copper etc.).
- Characteristics: 300 kW VIP Power Track 10R 1000 Hz 6 pulse
- Temperature: up to 1,600 ºC.
- 50 kW induction furnace:
- It is made up of 2 parts. A fixed crucible and an interchangeable crucible. Casting of aluminium, steel, cast iron, tin, magnesium, zamak.
- Capacity: 10 – 20 kg.
- Sand turbomixer:
- It processes sand together with resins and catalysts to make sand moulds and gravity die casting. PET-set process.
- Capacity: 8 tonnes / hour.
- Make: ALJU. Model: Junior 800.
- It is used to give a surface finish to cast parts.
- Foundries, metal industry, mould makers.