Test laboratory with the equipment necessary for the theoretical, mechanical and microstructural characterisation of metal materials.
In addition, there is physical modelling (water) for studying the movement of steel with different configurations.
The laboratory has the following equipment for developing and characterising materials:
- Melting and/or controlled atmosphere furnaces with different capacities (30 g to 1 t)
- Treatment furnaces (muffle and salt bath furnaces)
- Mechanical characterisation tests
- Microstructural characterisation
In relation to physical water models for simulating steelmaking processes:
- Ingot mould
Lastly, software tools for simulating processes:
- Ansys Fluent
- Thermocalc software, diffusion module (Dictra), JMatPro
- Steel companies, engineering companies, metalworking companies.