Experimental, living and adaptable laboratory for boosting technological innovation in infrastructures and mobility.
We support the testing of future materials and equipment, applied research and technological development.
The laboratory is geared towards testing and developing new materials, products, systems and services to promote innovation in new transport paradigms, such as: smart and resilient cities and infrastructures; autonomous and collaborative mobility; and new sustainable transport systems, among others.
We have a completely modular, flexible, re-organisable and removable laboratory, where we can assess the conformity of new compounds, intelligent transport systems (ITS), innovative sensors for infrastructures and vehicles, among other products, in a realistic scenario where their performance can be tested in real conditions.
This laboratory provides small and medium-sized companies that work in the transport sector a real opportunity to work on innovation.
Consequently, it positions Bizkaia and the Basque Country as a national and European benchmark in the management of innovation in road transport and its sustainability.
At this laboratory, we work on:
- Assessing the quality, safety and conformity of new materials, systems and products.
- Acting as an innovation agent, giving support to companies with the aim of innovating mobility and infrastructures.
- Companies in the field of AECO (Architecture, Engineering, Construction and Operation).
- Manufacturers of materials, products and/or systems.
- Infrastructure operators.