Laboratory for developing devices and systems for detecting and diagnosing physical defects and parameters in materials or structures using ultrasound, the non-destructive and non-invasive characterisation of substances and developing SMH systems for metal or composite-based structures.
The laboratory is fully equipped:
- OMICRON LAB BODE 100 frequency scanning impedance meter
- Single-channel ultrasonic pulsers/receivers Olympus EPOCH 600 and Dasel ULTRASCOPE IMAGE (300 kHz – 30 kHz).
- Multi-channel ultrasonic pulser/receiver for phased array: Omniscan MX.
- ULTRATEK PCIUT3100M ultrasonic multi-channel electronic board for generating and capturing signals. High voltage wave train transmitter and receiver, which can be reconfigured and programmed.
- Onda Corporation “Acoustic Intensity Measurement System” (AIMS): ultrasonic immersion tank scanning system and ultrasonic radiation field measurement.
- Ultrasonic Single element, dual element and array transducers (Olympus, GE, Imasonic and developed in-house) from 250 kHz to 20 MHz.
- TTI TG550 5 MHz precision function generator
- Agilent Technologies 33250A 80MHz programmable function / arbitrary waveform generator.
- Digital oscilloscopes:
- Tektronix TDS1012 100 MHz, 2-channel oscilloscope with TEKTRONIX TDS2MEM PC expansion module.
- Agilent Technologies DSO5012A, 100 MHz, 2-channel oscilloscope.
- Agilent Technologies DSO7014B, 100 MHz, 4-channel oscilloscope.
- Fluke 189 Digital Multimeter-Data Logger System with PC connection software FVF-SC2.
- TTI EX354T 300W triple power supply.
- BERTAN 105 high voltage source, for the polarisation of piezoelectric materials.
- Companies manufacturing all types of mechanical parts and structures that are interested in improving the quality of their products.
- Companies or entities that maintain critical or high performance infrastructures that want to improve the assurance, control and monitoring of the useful life of these infrastructures.
- Manufacturing companies that want to monitor the quality of their products.
- Inspection companies that use NDTs manufacturers of detection equipment who want to innovate their products.