INGREDALIA develops, produces and markets functional ingredients, obtained from natural raw materials, for inclusion in food matrices and marketing in the nutraceutical sector.
It features a patented technology for extracting and encapsulating the functional ingredients, which makes it possible to ensure the appropriate dosage and assimilation for consumption.
INGREDALIA is oriented towards developing, manufacturing and marketing natural functional ingredients and/or nutritional supplements. In the first phase, INGREDALIA is focusing on extracting products from broccoli, and will then analyse the opportunity to use other natural raw materials.
The products that INGREDALIA will produce in the first phase, both extracted from broccoli, are:
- Sulforaphan-Smart, a functional ingredient that boosts people’s immune systems, according to all the studies already carried out on the benefits of broccoli.
- Brasphenol, an antioxidant that preserves the shelf life of foodstuffs that comes from entirely natural sources.
Applicable to the food industry:
- Made from natural / organic raw materials.
- Stable and resistant to transformation processes, thanks to encapsulation techniques.
- Easy dosage, which is compatible with many food matrices.
- Appropriate dosage: it is not necessary to add more than necessary to ensure functionality.
- Products obtained from organic by-products / waste, thereby ensuring low raw material costs.
INGREDALIA was set up at the end of 2017. Once the industrialisation of Sulforaphan-Smart is completed, market launch starts.
Phase: Market launch
Offices: Milagro (Navarre) – ES
Funding rounds: 2
Co-investors: TRASA, Virto, Viuda de Cayo and other investors