Laboratory for developing advanced robotic solutions and automating demanding operations in industrial environments
The laboratory facilitates the development of new concepts based on cable-driven robotics, flexible and versatile robotics and collaborative robotics. This includes developing solutions (end effectors + process) that allow robots to be deployed in complex processes.
The laboratory includes multiple robots (commercial and prototypes), force sensors and 3D vision sensors, such as:
- A wide range of FANUC industrial robots, with force control, dual encoders and 3D vision.
- Collaborative robots: UR10, 2 Kuka iiwa, Fanuc collaborative robots.
- Omnidirectional mobile robots and manipulators: VULCANO, MUGIRO, VERSATILE, SHERLOCK.
- Cable-driven parallel robot: Pickable.
- Dual-armed robot with humanoid torso: Nextage-Open.
- Multiple 3D vision sensors: Zivid, Fotoneo, Ensenso, PickIt, industrial stereo cameras, Fanuc3D.
- Cranebot: a concept developed by TECNALIA, combining the “Smart Crane” and “Cable robot” concepts for developing new solutions for handling and transporting loads in industrial plants.
- Flexbotics: a brand registered by TECNALIA which provides autonomy to the robots, versatility in their applications and, therefore, gives a high degree of flexibility to factories.
- Companies that want to innovate with robotics, by integrating robotic technology into their products, or by using autonomous industrial robots in their manufacturing processes.