Our genetics laboratory focuses mainly on DNA analysis, regardless of its origin (microorganisms, plant species, animals and humans).
We use last generation sequencing technologies, together with more traditional genetic analysis tools, which still represent the methodology of choice for many applications.
- Personal identification through genetic fingerprinting. Forensic Identification
Within our range of genetic services, the most noteworthy ones are genetic profiling identification or genetic fingerprinting tests (DNA profiling orDNA fingerprinting , which are essential for their use in criminal investigation (forensic analysis), personal identification and cases of paternity, filiation or relationship.
We are accredited by ENAC according to the ISO 17.025:2017 Standardfor the performance of genetic profiling identification tests , for use in forensic analysis.
- Biological Fluid Detection
This accreditation includes other tests, such as the identification of biological fluidsand the isolation and quantification of DNA from biological remains, both of which are necessary in forensic analysis and essential as a prior step to the study of genetic profiles.
- Entities that occasionally require this type of genetic analysis, as well as public and private laboratories that need to offer this service.
- Hospitals and clinics that require genetic diagnosis.
- Universities and research centres that require mass analysis technologies.
- Forensic science (forensic genetics, human identification).
Accreditations and Recognition
ENAC/ILAC accredited in compliance with standard UNE-EN ISO/IEC 17025: 2017 for Forensic Analysis Testing no. 4/LE2511
Health Authorisation granted by the Basque Government for the Installation and Operation of the Genetics Laboratory