RECODO is a novel device that provides neurophysiological approach, pain management, and closed-circuit control in the event of traumatic injury to the elbow.
1/10,000 people have a traumatic injury to the elbow each year.
Currently, 20% of simple traumatic injuries and up to 89% of complex injuries do not recover and require surgery. Musculoskeletal disorders accounted for nearly 1/3 of the injuries resulting in lost working hours, almost 10% of which were elbow injuries. Since current products/treatments are not effective enough, there is a need for comprehensive improved solutions.
The world market for sports medicine for its application in elbow and wrist
- $ 1.1B (2019), CGAR 6.3%
Body support and recovery segment:
- $ 432.9M (2019), CGAR 6.2%
The orthopaedic market is by far the largest segment of the orthopaedic device market in the United States.
- TRL 5 pre-industrial prototype
- Protection of intellectual property through 1 family of patents (EP3357474) and software registration
- Robust clinical network (4 rehabilitation clinics and orthopaedic surgery children's clinic)
- Mastery of underlying technologies (advanced FES, closed-loop mechatronics)
- Pre-existing relationship with some of today's market leaders.