This service covers the development, testing, assessment and optimisation of existing and emerging thermal equipment-systems.
It encompasses the use of heat for electricity generation, residual heat recovery, storage of thermal energy and smart energy management.
We develop, test, assess and optimise thermal systems:
- Heat pumps (water-water, air-water, air-air)
- Air conditioning
- Air handling units
- Absorption heat transformers/chillers
- Dehumidifiers and desiccant systems
- ORC (Organic Rankine Cycle)
- Fluids (absorbents, synthetic and natural low GWP coolants) and components (compressors, pumps, control valves)
We design, develop and test passive equipment:
- Heat exchangers
- Heat recovery units
- Heat storage systems
We analyse the efficiency of combined technologies, hybrid systems and smart control systems:
- Heat Pumps
- Heat storage.
- Solar thermal energy
- Biomass boilers
- Heat recovery
- Smart control
- Absorption systems
We carry out the following tests at our facilities:
- Energy efficiency performance of thermal equipment and systems
- Dynamic tests emulating specific thermal loads for different applications
- Durability and failure test
- Tests using different coolants
- On-site testing of thermal performance of equipment and facilities and advanced commissioning.
- Thermal simulation and experimental validation
- Manufacturers of thermal equipment and systems
- Installation engineering