Laboratory that assesses the thermal properties (conductivity, thermal resistance, condensation risk…) of construction materials, products and systems, both through testing and simulation.
Our laboratory provides support to manufacturers, both in the design phase and in the process of enhancing the thermal performance of their products, working with them to obtain values that fulfil the strictest demands in terms of energy efficiency in buildings.
The laboratory has the following equipment:
- Test benches for determining transmittance and thermal conductivity:
- CDA: hot plate measurement for insulation.
- Climatic chambers.
- Finite element simulation software.
- Thermographic chamber and monitoring equipment.
- Blower-door for measuring infiltration.
The services that can be provided are:
- Assessment of the insulation and thermal resistance properties of construction materials and elements.
- Thermal characterisation of insulation.
- Determination of thermal properties through testing or simulation.
- On site determination of thermal bridges and infiltrations in building.
The tests and standards involved are:
- U performance of frames, windows and doors: EN ISO 10077-1 and EN ISO 10077-2.
- U performance of curtain walling: EN 1394.
- Thermal inertia evaluation: EN ISO 13786.
- Assessment of of risk of condensation: EN ISO 13788.
- Determination of thermal conductivity, λ: EN 12664 and EN 12667 (CDA).
- Inspections / On site:
- Sealing Evaluation: Infiltrations, EN 13829.
- Thermographic assessments.
- Manufacturers of materials, construction elements and systems: insulation materials, carpentry, façade elements, sandwich panels, etc.
- Construction companies and developers
- Quality control firms.
Accreditations and Recognition
Laboratory certified in ISO 9001 and ISO 17025 (ENAC certification No. 4/LE063)
ENAC ILAC accreditation for the construction sector in compliance with ISO 17025, under file No. 4/LE024
ENAC ILAC accreditation for acoustics in compliance with ISO 17025, under file No. 4/LE456. Laboratory with certified management system in accordance with standard UNE-EN 9100:2010.
Technical Assessment Body (TAB) for issuing European Technical Assessments (ETAs) for Construction Products.
Notified Body No. 1292 for the Construction Products Directive