Laboratory designed for developing and testing active and passive equipment and systems and their components, and those related to geothermal and aerothermal energy, absorption and mass and energy transfer, ORC electricity generation, solar thermal energy, heat storage and smart management systems.
The laboratory includes 3 main water/fluid pipe rings that supply different test areas for the thermal characterisation of equipment and systems, with high-precision regulation, control and monitoring systems.
Input / heat dissipation capacity:
- 300 kWh: Working temperature between -10 ºC and 150 ºC for the water/fluid pipe rings.
- 120 kWh: Working temperature between -20 ºC and 60 ºC for the air inside the climatic chamber.
- 20 kWh: heat transfer with a geothermal circuit incorporating 4 probes.
Tests that can be carried out:
- Characterisation of the energy efficiency performance of thermal equipment and systems.
- Made to measure energy efficiency performance, emulating specific thermal loads for different equipment and system applications.
- Durability and failure test.
- Tests using different coolants.
Our facilities include a controlled environment chamber (for air-air; air-water equipment and systems) with internal dimensions (7.9 m long x 4.5 m wide x 3.5 m high). This makes it possible to carry out stationary and dynamic thermal performance tests, with an exchange capacity of up to 120 kW, by means of accurately controlling air flow, temperature, humidity and energy consumption.
- Manufacturers of thermal equipment and systems.
- Installation engineering.
- Thermal installation managers.
- Energy managers.