We work with manufacturers in the verification and testing required to fulfil the criteria set out in the European decision for the European Label for Paints and Varnishes (ECOLABEL).
We help manufacturers of coverings to obtain the European Ecolabel (ECOLABEL) for Paints and Varnishes, by carrying out the necessary tests up until the criteria assessment and we offer support in the preparation of the dossier that is submitted to the competent bodies.
Assessment of the criteria related to Manufacturing:
- Criterion 1. White pigment and wet scrub resistance.
- Criterion 2. Titanium dioxide pigment.
- Criterion 4. Content of volatile and semi-volatile organic compounds (VOCs, SVOCs).
- Criterion 5. Restriction of hazardous substances and mixtures.
Assessment of the criteria related to use:
- Criterion 3. Efficiency in use.
- Consumer information.
- Information that must appear on the EU ecological label.
The ECOLABEL is a firm commitment by companies who add this label to their paints and varnishes and implies that they are responsible companies, committed to environmental sustainability.
In addition to using the ECOLABEL logo, companies who come under this standard foster their marketing strategy and positioning as a company committed to sustainability.
Paint and varnish manufacturers.
Accreditations and Certifications
ENAC Accreditation No. 4/LE024 for the Construction Industry
ENAC Accreditation No. 4/LE063 for the Materials Sector
TECNALIA is Notified Body Number 1292 for the Construction Products Regulation
Technical Assessment Body (TAB) for issuing European Technical Assessments (ETAs) for Construction Products.