We carry out commissioning and diagnostic tests of underground and underwater high voltage cables (up to 400 kV) at our mobile laboratory, known as the Variable Frequency Resonance System, WRV 80/260, which can also be adapted to GIS tests.
We carry out the tests according to IEC 60840 and IEC 62067 Standards, electrical company specifications and other regulations.
We have extensive knowledge and experience in the measurement and interpretation of partial discharges in electrical equipment, in both the laboratory and in the field.
We have been providing our services since 2005 and have tested more than 700 three-phase circuits in Spain, Portugal, France, Italy, Austria, Holland, Germany, Poland and Colombia.
Scope of the off-line tests (out of service)
- Verification of Phase Sequencing
- Conductor Resistance Measurement
- Screen Resistance Measurement
- Capacitance Measurement
- Sheath Testing
- Partial Discharge Measurements
- Power Frequency Withstand Voltage Test with Resonant System
- Tan-delta and Capacitance Measurement
- Line Impedance Measurement
- Verification of the earthing system (earth boxes, SVL, etc.)
Scope of the on-line tests (in service)
- Partial Discharge Monitoring
- Measurement of currents induced in the screen
- Thermographic Measurements
- Inspection of Cable Layout
Characteristics of the Variable Frequency Resonance System Type WRV 80/260 T
- Voltage: 260 kV
- Intensity: 80 A
- Frequency: 20 – 300 Hz
- Power @ 50 Hz: 30,000 kVA
We establish international alliances for those projects that require the use of various interconnected resonant systems (cables with lengths in excess of approximately 12 km).
- Electrical Companies
- Cable Manufacturers
- Engineering Firms
- Promoters of Renewable Energy Farms
- Electrical Maintenance Firms
Accreditations and Recognition
ENAC ILAC accreditation for electrical testing in compliance with ISO 17025, under file No. 4/LE148